Image Map

Friday, June 21, 2013

My Crazy Next Week



Next week I will have the opportunity to help mold the new Arkansas frameworks for school librarians. When I was asked I hesitated because I have a 7 month old and I wasn't sure how that would work. After talking to my husband and my mom it was agreed that she would come stay with me to watch Jack during the day. We will be 2 hours from home so it will be a big deal to make sure I have everything together. The plan is I will go up Sunday and my mom will bring Jack with her Monday afternoon. She will stay until Thursday afternoon and then take him home with her. We have to be checked out Friday morning but I have to stay until 4 so they would have no where to go. 

I'll have Sunday and Thursday nights to myself. I'm pretty pumped about that. I can just relax in bed and watch tv. I'm thinking about even bringing a book. The nights when Jack is there will be difficult because he will be out of his element. Being stuck in one room might drive him a little crazy. We plan on taking him to the pool and out and about in the afternoons. 

This Saturday I'll have lots of packing and planning to do. I'm not going to start now because we need too much stuff. I do plan on catching the laundry up and making a to do list today. 

My husband will be without us but it is his busy work week anyways and he will only be home one of those days. I'll have to make sure he has everything he needs as well before I head out. 

I'm not sure how well I'll do at blogging next week. It will all depend on how much down time I have. The committee I'll be working on will have rigorous goals each day. Professional it is the right move but I know it will make for a difficult week.  

2 comments :

  1. That sounds like a great opportunity! Plus two nights to yourself?! Heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a fantastic opportunity. What an honor to be asked!

    ReplyDelete