Image Map

Friday, August 22, 2014

Secret Pal

Last school year I picked someone who is always so kind and is constantly doing for others and I would surprise her with all kinds of things from giftcards, candles, flowers, candy, girlie stuff, picture frames, basically anything I knew she would love. It was so much fun for me. It actually became a fun thing for the school because no one knew who was surprising her. Everyone had their guesses and it was so fun being so sneaky. 

On the last day of school I revealed myself with a letter that I wrote her. Many people came to me and said I want to do Secret Pal next year. So boom right there I printed off a questionnaire and sent out an email. We drew names that very day. 

So far we are a week into school and so many teachers have gotten so many wonderful surprises. It just makes my heart so happy to see them spreading happiness. It is such a domino effect. When teachers are happy, we are better teachers. I can see this school year being one of the happiest. 

Even if you don't work in a school you can still do Secret Pal. You can do it officially like we did this year or you can just surprise people you deem worthy. 

I wanted to share with you some cute Secret Pal ideas.

Smores

Oodles of simple but cute gift ideas -- neighbors, secret pals, teachers, etc.

Box of Sunshine                                                        Coke and candy

Box of Sunshine. Great for someone who is having a bad day!
soda with candy bars wrapped around, perfect for the teenage boy!!

St. Patrick's Pay                                                   Birthday Cake

St. Patrick's Day Teacher Gift    Change the root beer to Pepsi and the snickers to M&M's

Fruity Gift                                                               Monagrammed pjmpkkn

FINALLY, a non-candy way to say things!   great ideas for parenting and printables for many things   cute painted pumpkin... Halloween Secret Pal gift :)

Relaxing Basket                                                       Make your own lemonade

spring break teacher gift basket      DIY Lemonade Kit Hostess Gift.  Clear glass pitcher, Lemonade recipe, Lemons, Pretty dish towel, Mixing spoon.  Maybe add a baggie full of sugar tied with matching ribbon?  I love this one!


I hope these pictures get your brain spinning and that you are able to brighten someone's dayl Giving has been so much fun and getting fun gifts just isn't alll that bad either. 

1 comment :

  1. That's so cool that you did that for someone last year and now the school is officially doing it!

    ReplyDelete