Image Map

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Perfection

I'm basking in the glow of this day. It was perfection. After a yucky weekend I woke up Monday morning feeling much better. Thankfully we were out of school for MLK day. After breakfast Jack and I blew bubbles in the living room. We then played around the house and then he took a nap. While he napped I cleaned house. My dear husband was so great this weekend by caring for Jack and doing the cooking BUT he didn't do a pinch of cleaning. After nap time we played with stickers.


Jeremy then called and said he needed me to drive over to his work (45 minutes away) to bring him some things he forgot. I really didn't mind since we didn't have anything planned. Jack did great on the ride there and back. We got back and shared a pot pie and a cupcake for lunch. 

It was a perfect 70 degrees outside so I decided it was time for a little air.

Playing on his ride toy that he got from Nana for Christmas.


After playing in the driveway and walking around the backyard, I decided it would be great to walk down to the park. It felt great getting out and doing some walking.


I let Jack call the shots. I stayed a few steps behind him and just let him do what he wanted. He ran all over that park. He kept picking up every stick he came across. He wanted to put them in his mouth and would get mad when I had to tell him no. It was the cutest thing watching him try to pick up those big heavy branches. 


I felt like a brand new person as we walked home. It was the best feeling. The walk made me feel great. Spending time with my son and seeing him laugh made me happy. Feeling good and being productive was making me wish I could be a stay at home mom.


After the park trip I let Jack have an early supper. Oh what a mess! I was in such a good mood that I didn't even care about the mess though. It is just a mess and can be easily cleaned up. I had already had the bath water ran because I knew there would be a mess but he ate that stuff right up. 

Jack went to bed without fail thirty minutes early. He was tuckered out. It felt really good to have such a wonderful day. It really was just the thing I needed to get over a slump I've been in lately. Hopefully this amazing mood will continue with me into the week. 

2 comments :

  1. I am so glad you had a great day! I'm sure it is an indication of an amazing week! PS I'm super jealous of your weather. 4 inches of snow here and still going strong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it really does sound like the perfect day. I love just following V around at the park, it amazes me what she decides is interesting.

    ReplyDelete