Image Map

Monday, February 18, 2013

Baby Sign Language


I received this book as a gift from a mother who used and loved it.
We have decided to give it a try.
Jack is 3 months old so it's still a little early since the book recommends 6-8 months but it also says that the earlier you start it the better. 
So we have chosen 10 words to start with now.
Here is our list:
Milk
Mommy
Daddy
Happy
Grandma
Grandpa
Book
More
Sleep
Bath

You don't have to buy the book to do baby sign language.
All of the signs can be found online.
I enjoyed the book because it gave me great instructions and more explanations. 

My motivation for doing this is that my nephew is 18 months old and just will not speak. We have to guess what he wants and that can get frustrating for baby and caregiver. 
There are also many learning and language benefits.
I'll keep everyone updated as we continue.

1 comment :