Image Map

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Had to Talk to Myself Today

When you need an expert advice


This weekend sucked majorly. Although I managed to tackle a few things I wasn't able to do everything I wanted to do. J got home yesterday morning but he was sick. Although I knew he didn't feel well, I was really hoping he would find the energy to do some tasks around the house. 

When I am stressed I can be a complete B. I really don't want to be that person but I am and I do not like that person. I tend to let the stress of life take over and I end up not appreciating what is in front of me. So I gave myself a pep talk on the way home from work.

"Ashley you will not get mad if he has done nothing all day. Ashley you will not stress if everything doesn't get done. Ashley you need not to stress if Jack whines too much. Ashley you will be happy to see your husband and not mad that he has only watched too much tv today. Ashley you need to enjoy this afternoon and not stress about the house". 

I literally traveled those 23 miles home talking to myself. All the stress was waiting for me. J was sick on the couch. Bottles needed washed. Supper needed cooked. The laundry still pilled at the end of the couch waiting to be put away. My treadmill still waiting to be used. 

I had to give myself more mini-pep talks throughout the afternoon but I did it. I didn't express my stress or let it be seen. I was even able to enjoy time with my family. 

The laundry never got put away. Jack didn't get his bath. Supper dishes didn't get done. Yes, I was feeling some stress from not doing it all but I handled it well for me. 

I'll talk to myself whenever I need to if it means learning to just let things go. 

Do you ever talk to yourself? 

2 comments :

  1. Ugh I also turn into that person when I'm stressed. Its too hard not to take out my frustrations on those around me but maybe one day I'll figure it out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I talk to myself all the time! Usually to help work though things that are upsetting me. My husband thinks I'm a nut because I almost always talk to myself in the shower and he's always asking what the day's topic is about :-)

    ReplyDelete