1. Drink 64 oz of water a day. Have not done BUT I've still had more water than in the past. Plus, I find myself craving water more now that I've started drinking it more. I have completely given up Dr. Pepper and have had only a few Sprites.
2. Wash the dishes before bed every night. They haven't been done every. single. night. but for the most part this has become a habit. I'm very glad that this one has become second nature to me now. It makes it become not a chore but just something that I do.
3. Write a to do list every night. This one has been done when I've had to do it. I've decided not to write a to do list every night. Now I only write one when I feel overwhelmed with lots of things to do.
4. Balance checkbook at least once a day. Total fail! I hate looking at our money. It depresses me. Although I know the responsible thing to do is to know where every penny is and what we are doing with it, but I hate it. I still need to do this one though. Maybe one day. Hey if we were rich it probably wouldn't be so hard.
5. Make bed. Win!!! This one is now a complete habit and I love it. I can do this quick and easy now. It doesn't even suck anymore, it is just something I do.
From this experience I have learned that when I get stressed I don't hold on to the things that could make the stress more stable. Throwing all of my goals (even for a day) out the window doesn't make things less stressful-just more. So why would one do that? Holding on to the comforts during stress is what I need to continue working on. Just because I'm having a bad day doesn't mean that I need to forget the dishes. Doing those dishes just makes the next day that much less stressful.