Image Map

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Grandparent's Day Crafts

Sunday was Grandparent's Day. It was so exciting being able to make some stuff to give to my parents from Jack. I knew I wanted to do something for each of them. I also knew that I didn't want to give a purchased gift. I wanted it to be something handmade. 

For my mom Jack and I made this stepping stone which will never actually be stepped on. 


Jack did great! I was a little worried that he would flip out or start kicking. He handled it really well and it turned out perfect. 

My dad has a handmade frame I did for him for Father's Day many many years ago. It is beside his desk so I thought another handmade frame with his grandchild would be the perfect Grandparent's Day gift.


I found these adorable stickers in the scrapbooking section. 

These were such easy gifts to make. I got the frame and the stepping stone making stuff for Mother's Day. My husband knows I love crafts. 

I have to say that this Grandparent's Day went really well. Jack and I (J is working) stayed at my parent's house to watch the Razorback game. The next morning my mom told me to go on home and she would bring Jack later. The things I got accomplished put a smile on my face. I told her we need to make this a every other week tradition because this mama loved it. 

3 comments :

  1. Adorable gifts. I have been wanting to make a stepping stone for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!! Those are definitely fantastic Grandparent's Day gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great craft! I can see my older boys each decorating their own frame for the grandparents. *Christmas Idea*!

    ReplyDelete