Image Map

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Sometimes You Have to Just Make Stuff Happen

My husband was away all weekend with work and honestly he is gone all the time. We rarely get time together or time as a family. I'll be so happy when he finishes school in December. I was having one of my talks with myself on the way home Monday. I needed to try and figure it all out. Things, well life, has been pushing us apart. I'm busy. He's busy. Everything is so rushed. When he is home I know he hates the thick with responsibility feeling. I'm rushing to clean. I'm rushing to spend time with Jack. I'm rushing to cook supper. I'm rushing to pay bills. I'm rushing to get to sleep. I'm rushing, rushing, and rushing. He is very much laid back and I wish I could be but I have lots to do and little time to do it. 

So back to my talk with myself. I needed to talk to myself to figure out what I can do to help bring us back together as a family. In the back of my mind I was also trying to figure out what to make for supper. Then the idea came to me. We should have a tradition. We needed our first little family tradition. Every other Monday night we would go out to eat as a family. I knew it wouldn't be easy with a 10 month old but I knew it was important. 



I came home and pitched the idea to my husband and he was down so we made it happen. It was wonderful. Of course, Jack got cranky but we improvised by entertaining him. After we ate way too much we walked some of it off with a trip to Walmart. 

I'm so glad we are starting this tradition and I REALLY hope we keep it up. It's good for us to be a family. There is something about going out that just helps bring a family together. 

3 comments :

  1. That's so great! Life definitely tries to pull people apart sometimes and you gotta work to keep things together. At least he's finished with school in December! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an awesome tradition!!! I am very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's great! we need to find a family tradition cuz i know exactly what you're going through! we need to reconnect!

    ReplyDelete