Image Map

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

10 Facts About Our Relationship






1. We met at a bar called All Stars and it was really loud so when he said his name was Jeremy I thought he said Jarrod and that is what I put in my phone when we exchanged numbers.

2. On our first date he brought me flowers. The florist told him to keep them cold so he put them in the freezer and I ended up with frozen flowers. He apologized so many times. They were dead by morning. 

3. We moved in together only after 3 months.

4. I picked out my own engagement ring. We went just to look because I wanted to give him an idea on what I would like. We found a great deal on an engagement ring with two wedding bands so we went ahead and put it on layaway. He wanted to do it that way so he could still surprise me when he proposed.

5. He proposed as I walked out of the bathroom in a hotel room we were in while I was at a work conference. After saying yes I went downstairs to the bar and took a shot to calm my nerves. This was in November. 

6. On New Year's Eve we planned our whole wedding together on our chalkboard wall. Later that night we watched a Big Bang Theory marathon and then acted as DD's for some friends. We are such exciting people!

7. Jack was the act of make-up sex. We had went to that same bar where we met so I could meet up with a friend. I had promised we wouldn't stay long. Well he was ready to go and I wasn't. He left and I stayed. We had a huge argument when I got home. I got sick of fighting so I kissed him and well....you know. 

8. Jeremy was at work (and would be for a few days) when I found out I was pregnant with Jack. I really wanted to tell him in person but I had to talk about it with someone and I didn't feel right telling anyone else before telling him so I went ahead and called him at work. I busted out crying as soon as I said the words.

9. We got in a fight the night before we got married. I was pregnant. We had already paid for everything when I found out so we just went ahead with our plans. Every was drinking but me and then his buddies started talking about taking him to a strip club. He put me in a bad situation because I didn't want to look like THAT wife. He wouldn't have wanted to go but he was all drunk and his buddies were all drunk and excited. I told him he could go but yet he knew I wasn't okay with it. He ended up not going but we fought about it well past midnight. Of course, the next day when he was all sober he felt like a fool and everything was good. 

10. When he is at work he calls me every night and we do our phone ritual. One of us will say "I love you this big". The other will say "I love you bigger than this big". Then one of us will say "I hope you have sweet dreams" and the other will say "I hope you have sweet dreams". Sometimes we will say "I hope you get to dream" because he is an EMT and is often up all night and I'm a mom to a baby who doesn't always sleep through the night. 

I hope you have enjoyed a little look into our marriage. 

Tell me a fact about your relationship. I'd love to hear them!

4 comments :

  1. It's so sweet that he calls you each night. Hope you have a Happy New Year!

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is hilarious that he put your flowers in the freezer! Only a guy would do such a thing :-) My bff actually found out I was pregnant with E before A did. I took a test at 6AM before he woke up and it was positive. I texted her thinking she would be asleep and told her to call me when got the text. Well, she called me right away. He found out by coming to the bathroom and asking who I was talking to and saw me holding the test...oops!

    Hope you had a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so funny that you took a shot after he proposed to calm your nerves! Arsen and I had one of our biggest fights the night we got back from our honeymoon....it's the only time I've ever actually left our house I was so mad at him. Now I can't even remember what we were fighting about ;)

    ReplyDelete