Image Map

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Becoming a More Serious Blogger


There have been many times in my life where I've started something and didn't continue with it (unless you want to count drinking). I've done just about every new trend but fail to stick with it. I've broken this cycle (so far) when it comes to blogging. There have been moments of slacking but I've never stepped away for too long. My heart is just too invested.

I figured if my heart can be so invested then I need to work at it more. Here are my suggestions for becoming a more serious blogger:

1. Take a blogging e-course. Elizabeth at Delightfully Tacky offers a great class for newbies/semi-newbies. It is only $25 and well worth the knowledge you will gain.  She offers 3 different classes but I signed up for the blogger one.

2. Sponsor a blog that has similar content as your own blog. For example, if your a mommy blogger then don't sponsor a single college girl's fashion blog. You probably aren't going to reach the readers you are looking for.

3. Link-up, link-up, and link-up. People will get exposed to your blog so use a good link-up picture and a catchy title. Don't forget to check out other blogs and leave comments. What you shouldn't do is leave a comment saying follow my blog.

4. Participate in a giveaway on a bigger blog with lots of followers but with similar blog content. It will bring you lots of traffic. Although it isn't all about the numbers, it is about getting people to your words. Make sure that during the giveaway time you really crank out some of your best stuff and be sure to get the word out. People can't fall in love with you if they don't read your work.

5. Create an official space for the official blogger. There is just something more legit (you know you are now saying too legit too quit) when you have a spot just for blogging. 

I'm late to this one but I'm catching up. I have purchased a small writing desk that if my measurements are correct will find itself in the perfect spot. It should be delivered in the next few days. I am claiming it as my Mother's Day present.

Although these are just a few ideas, there are many more out there, but these will really help.

Get out there and nurture your talents! 

5 comments :

  1. These are great, simple, but SUPER useful tips! Thank you for sharing!! New fan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Angela, these are great tips!! I always think I want to take blogging more seriously, and then...don't. It doesn't help that I don't actually have internet service at my place (country living, ugh!), so finding a few minutes at work to do it or doing it from my phone aren't really my favorite. You've made me feel motivated again though. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great ideas! I might try that blogging e-course! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A frined of mine took a blogging e course from blogelina and said it was incredibly informative. I've never taken one myself, but I can tell the difference in her blog now. They can be incredibly useful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some simple tips, but all massively important! Thanks for sharing #Pig&Dac

    ReplyDelete