Image Map

Friday, September 20, 2013

Life Changes Since Jack

Pre-baby: Went to bed closer to midnight.

Post-baby: Hits the pillow when the ice cream truck is still rollin'. 

_________________________________________________________

Pre-baby: Cleaned house about once a week.

Post-baby: There is not enough time to keep the house clean.

_________________________________________________________

Pre-baby: I woke up for work at 6:30 and was able to get out the door by 7.

Post-baby: The latest I wake up is 5:45 but most days it is 4:30.

_________________________________________________________

Pre-baby: I use to find myself bored when I got home from work. 

Post-baby: I yearn to be bored.

__________________________________________________________

Pre-baby: I thought I knew what love was.

Post-baby: I fall crazily in love with him more every day.

__________________________________________________________

Pre-baby: Meals were cherished and so quiet.

Post-baby: Meals are rushed or nonexistent. 

__________________________________________________________

Pre-baby: Music was a huge part of my life. 

Post-baby: Now I want the car quiet just so I can enjoy some peace.

__________________________________________________________

Pre-baby: Friends were my family and my family was just my family.

Post-baby: Many friends are gone and my family is my lifeline. 

__________________________________________________________

Pre-baby: My mind could rest.

Post-baby: Even when all is well I'm still worried. I think motherhood is a constant worry.


What thing has drastically changed since having a precious baby? 

4 comments :

  1. My social life! Although I am enjoying raising my kids, I am looking forward to when they're older so I can go out with friends again! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley! Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a sweet comment! We've only been married a year, so we don't have kids yet... this post made me laugh though! We often say as we are rushing out the door at 6 AM (yes, 6!!!) to carpool to work "How would we have done this today with kids!?" I guess you just make it work... but HANG IN THERE! Looks like he is totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I am with you on every single one! Having a baby is SUCH a huge change. Even having just had my third baby (six months ago), I found that most of these reoccurred. My favorite was wanting silence, rather than music, in the car. That is SO true for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm, yes to all of this. Motherhood changes EVERYTHING! And it's crazy how little changes for the dads...how does that work??

    ReplyDelete