Image Map

Friday, December 20, 2013

Easy Yummy Cookies and Christmas Shopping Update


These cookies are so yummy and super easy to make. My husband is sad that I'm taking these with me and not leaving them all with him. I am leaving him with three! This recipe is on my Pinterest board and comes from Here Comes the Sun. 

1. Take a packaged peanut butter cookie mix
2. Mix in 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, 1 tablespoon of water, and 1 egg.
3. Roll into 1 inch balls and roll balls into sugar.
4. Cook at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
5. Once they are done press a Hershey kiss in the middle of the cookie
*Once you press in the kiss you may want to pop them into the fridge to keep the kiss from completely melting. 

These are so yummy and easy to make that I'm going to add them to the baked goods baskets I'm making. I'm also going to make them for Christmas day since my mom seriously love peanut butter. 

You could change the kiss to a flavored kiss to make them more festive. I'm just a huge milk chocolate fan.

Now run out and make these right away!

Christmas Shopping
I thought I was done with my Christmas shopping but now I am second guessing myself. I also forgot to get my grandmother something but she is fairly easy to shop for. Tonight I also remembered that I haven't bought anything for Jeremy's stocking. I don't have any ideas of what to put in it either. I'm also a little worried that Jack doesn't have enough to open and I also remembered something that I wanted to buy for my dad. On top of that one of my mom's Christmas gifts came in and I'm not too thrilled about it. Sunday Jeremy and I are going to have a baking marathon and put together treat platters for the people Jeremy's co-workers. I also wanted to put together a Christmas Eve box for my son Jack and my nephew Bennett. Now I am second guessing myself. I'm worried that it will be a lot of money and they won't really care that much. Instead of that I've decided to nix the Christmas Eve box and just bring home some Christmas books from the library, watch one of the many Christmas movies that will be on tv, drink room temp hot chocolate, I'll pick up some special Christmas treats, and maybe do a craft. We have already gotten them matching Santa pajamas. Last night I bought Jeremy's big gift off Amazon and it will be here by Christmas Eve. I'll be a nervous wreck until it is wrapped under the tree. The last gift I am getting him is Sirius radio for 6 months. He had it for 3 months when he got his new car and he loved it. I can turn it back on at any time so I'll do that Christmas Eve. Today I plan on making a last minute Christmas details list and have it all crossed off my Christmas Eve morning so I just sit back and enjoy. 

No comments :

Post a Comment