If I know what I want to read from a blogger then I really need to get more intentional (there is that word again) with what direction I want for my own blog Mrs. Mama.
First, I reread Chloe's post about how to set goals and I made some notes. Second, I tried to look at my blog through a strangers eyes. I wrote down things that I wasn't happy with and could use some work. I updated my About My Family page because I know for me that is the first thing I click on when deciding if I want to follow a particular blog.
I recently updated the look of Mrs. Mama using the incredible Erin from Love, Fun, and Football. If you need help with blog design she is wonderful. Her fees are just right, she works with you so well, and she is quick. Seriously, even if you don't need help with blog design go to her page anyways because her blog is awesome. Okay, I'm getting off topic (I tend to do that).
Now that I have some changes in mind for the look of the blog, it is time to think about content. I've never really considered myself a particular type of blogger. I want my blog to showcase almost every aspect of my journey as a wife and mother. Those two roles are extremely difficult and if I can help someone else with their journey using my blog then I'm happy. I want my readers to look at my blog and see a woman who struggles to figure it all out but who is continuously striving to be all she can be to her family and herself.
BLOG GOALS 2014
1. Make a new button
2. Make a sponsor page when I feel the time is right (I'm not ready yet)
3. Work on sidebar (if you would like me to add your button just let me know)
4. I got a new camera for Christmas so I need to use it and edit my pictures
5. Get real more often. I'm always so worried about being judged in the blog world. I don't want anyone to read a vent and think that I'm not appreciative of anything in my life.
6. Post more DIY and recipes. It isn't that I'm not doing DIY or cooking, it is just that when I'm in the moment I tend to forget to take pictures.
7. Be more intentional with my posts. I need to think before I write a post about what message I want to share. What is the take away?
8. Promote my posts more often. Holly at Back Home Again has been great at promoting my blog this month and I've seen the positive effects of that with more comments and readers. Her blog would be a great blog to sponsor because she works really hard for you. I want to sponsor more blogs to get my content out there.
I wanted to take a moment to introduce you to a new blogger named Maggie.
Here is her url: http://itsbellasbedtime.blogspot.com/
She found my blog and thankfully introduced herself and I'm so glad she did. She is focusing on living intentional this year as well and has been a wonderful motivator for me. Like I said, she is really new to the blog community so stop by and give her a blogger welcome.