Image Map

Monday, March 24, 2014

Adding Bits of Happiness in My Life

Boy let me tell you life has been hard. I have yet to be considered healthy since Jack's birth. He is 16 months old now. I live in almost constant pain that has become such a part of my life that the constant pain has levels of constant pain. Jack is wonderful and my husband works so much for us but is hardly home. I'm not here to talk about the negative side of my life. I'm here to focus on how I'm trying to add positive aspects back into my life. 

1// Cute nail polish
I haven't ever enjoyed doing my own nails but I'm learning to like it. There is something calming about sitting down and focusing on something tedious. My favorite brand right now is Sally Hansen Triple Shine. I first got to try it out in my Influenster box.  I have only ever owned a few nail polishes in the last few years but since trying this brand out I have purchased 4 more. 

source


2// Colorful To Do Notebook
I'm a list girl. I also love notebooks. I found this beauty at Dollar General for, well, a dollar. Total score! I've been given each day a page and if shopping is on the agenda for that day then the next page becomes the shopping list page. See how smart I am! :)

3// Breaking Back Out the Kindle
Oh how I've missed reading. It is one of my biggest pleasures. I am a librarian and all. I'm currently reading Maxed Out which you can read my review on by clicking here. 

4// Taking a Little More Time On Getting Pretty
I'm not going to lie, it is extremely difficult getting the most basic dressed on a good day. Most morning Jeremy isn't around to help with Jack. On the rare mornings I do wake up before Jack I stay in bed because I don't want to get up. I know the best thing to do is get my booty up and get myself going before he wakes up. You just never know with him. I'd work out but he could wake up screaming in the middle of it. I'm getting off subject. I've been taking a little extra time on my make-up, hair, and accessories. It just makes me feel so much better.

5// Breaking Out the Wine
Sitting down at night after Jack is asleep and having a glass of wine is so nice. I forgot how great wine tastes. I'm currently loving pink moscato. It is something I enjoy and I'm glad to bring it back into my life. It really does help me feel more relaxed. Just pouring the glass puts me into relaxing mode. 

I know this is a champagne glass but I love it and it was a gift from a dear friend.

No comments :

Post a Comment