Image Map

Thursday, March 6, 2014

I Never Thought I Would Be

This is the quote from a magnet on my fridge & on one of my coffee cups & reading it over & over everyday for years pushed me in the right direction, grateful!

In the days before husband, baby, house, and career I was a carefree college kid. The magic of those days lies in all the possibilities. You can dream fully with all options open. A million scenarios are yours to believe without barricades. Your husband could be anyone. Where you live and your babies are fashioned in your mind. Your career options are forming as you sign up and drop classes. 

It was so fun dreaming about what life would be like as I switched out the men I would marry, where I would work, where we would live, and how many kids we would have. It was basically my Pinterest board of the perfect life. 

Time passed. 

Today I have my husband, my baby, my house, and my career. Everything is in place. 

The one thing, the most important thing, that I forgot to dream about was myself. Not once did I fantasize about the person I would be. I never thought out the wife, mother, worker, and spirit I would be. Big mistake. 

I never thought I would be in my perfect dream but not feel like the person I'm meant to be. All the pieces are in place except for myself. 

Last night I spent some time before I was about to drift off to sleep dreaming about the person I want to be. I want to feel complete, solid, passionate, engaged, excited, and filled with joy. 

How will I get there? I'll be busy dreaming that up.  

No comments :

Post a Comment